The goal of the Washington University School of Medicine Student Arts Commission is to foster artistic expression by students, faculty and staff at the medical school in a way that adds richness to the medical school community. The commission provides resources for students and groups to facilitate the cultivation and presentation of art in all its forms on the medical campus and the creation of new outlets for expression and involvement.
Our main activities include:
- The annual Student, Faculty and Staff Art Show (with grants for students to produce visual art)
- Coffeehouse concert series, through which students can display their musical and other talents
- Co-sponsoring Summer and Winter Concerts with the Department of Pathology and Immunology and the Barnes-Jewish Hospital Arts & Healthcare Program which brings performances from the whole Barnes-Jewish network and is open towards the entire community
- Developing and publishing the Hippocrene literary/arts magazine to promote the arts across the medical center community.
- A Photojournalism group specializing in photography in and around campus, open to any students interested in Photography.
- Working closely with the student coordinators of the annual medical school musical
Zoe Lu (Spring Art Show): email@example.com
Linh Vuong (Spring Art Show): firstname.lastname@example.org
Jimme He (Coffeehouse Events): email@example.com
Ariel Hernandez-Leyva (Coffeehouse Events): firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Wang (Photography): email@example.com
Sam Brunwasser (Hippocrene Magazine): firstname.lastname@example.org